NuCana plc with registered office at 77-78 Cannon Street, London, England, EC4N 6AF (we, NuCana) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Notice will help you understand how we treat your personal data.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This will typically be your name, email address, job title and details relating to your enquiry.
Your personal data will never be sold, rented or otherwise shared with third parties without your consent. We use the information held about you in the following ways:
•To provide you with relevant information about our products, services and research;
• Improving and customising our site, and
• Protecting ourselves (and our customers) against unlawful activity, fraud, IP infringement, and security risks.
We rely on various legal bases to process your personal data. These include (a) where you have given us your consent to use your personal data in a certain way, and/or (b) where the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (provided these interests do not override your privacy in any way).
Our legitimate interests referred to above are the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to reach our business objectives.
Please also note that where we have obtained your consent for certain processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
We may share your personal data with third parties as described below:
• Any member of our group of companies (for example our subsidiaries, holding company and its subsidiaries;
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of our website;
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
• In the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and the UK in countries which have less strict, or no data protection laws when compared to those in Europe; for example by one of our suppliers or service providers.
Whenever we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or the UK, we will take legally required steps to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect personal data and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Notice. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal data and privacy rights in these circumstances.
We will retain your information for as long as necessary in order fulfil the purposes set out in this Notice, and/or for as long as your registration on our site is active. We will also retain your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your information to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may also retain certain data regarding the use of our site for internal analysis — this data is generally retained for a short period of time unless it is used to help us keep the site secure or to improve functionality, or we are otherwise legally required to retain such data for longer time periods.
Data protection laws often provide individuals with numerous rights, including the right to: access, rectify, erase, restrict and object to the processing of their Personal Data. Individuals may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if they believe that their Personal Data is not being processed in accordance with applicable data protection law.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights under data protection law please contact us.
You can access, correct, change, limit, or delete your personal data and your contact preferences associated with your online account by going to your account settings on our website or by contacting us using the details provided in paragraph 7 below.
Questions, comments, requests or any complaints regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to:
3 Lochside Way
Telephone: +44 (0)131 248 3660 or e-mail us at email@example.com